Rosemary Lemon Chicken
Servings: 6 • Prep time: 20 min. • Cooking time: 65 min. (5 lbs. chicken) • Easy
I make this chicken about once a week. Andrew and Lincoln love it so much and it’s so simple and easy! You can use any herbs you have at home. We have a Rosemary tree and according to some studies it is supposed to boost memory, improve mood and reduce inflammation. Thyme, parsley & tarragon work very well too.
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. of butter
½ tsp. paprik
1 cup chicken broth
1 whole chicken (5 lbs.)
2 lemons (and the zest of one)
5 to 10 cloves of garlic
1 oz. rosemary/thyme
1 tsp. kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pat chicken dry and make sure there is nothing in the cavity. Zest one lemon and then cut both in wedges. Prepare the garlic, peel the shallots and prepare the fresh herbs.
2. Squeeze lemon wedges inside the chicken. Place as many shallots, garlic cloves and lemon wedges inside as will fit.
3. Finish with the fresh herbs. Tie the legs with a string.
4. Spread the olive oil on the chicken and sprinkle the kosher salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper, a bit of lemon zest and paprika. Turn the chicken over and do the same on the other side and top with a pat of butter and lemon quarters.
5. In your casserole dish place the chicken in the middle and place around the rest of the lemon wedges, shallots, herbs and cover with broth.
6. Cook the chicken for 65 minutes. I start baking my chicken with the breasts down so it soaks in the juice. If doing this, turn it over after a 30 minutes. You may also want to cover the chicken again with the spices, herbs, lemon slices and a pat of butter. I serve it with our roasted carrots!