Servings: 10-12 • Prep time: 20 to 25 min. • Cooking time: 15 mins. • Medium
My wonderfully talented Chef Oren in Malibu, use to make a recipe similar to this one and he is my inspiration. Being from Israel he always mixes flavor in the most magical way! Thank you Oren for being an inspiration in every cooking day of my life! This is our version of Lamb meatballs! If you do not have all the spices, just use what you have and no one will notice!
1 lb Ground Lamb
1 clove of garlic
¼ tsp cardamom
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp coriander
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp red hot chili flakes
2 oz. each: mint, thyme, tarragon, sage (mix)
salt and pepper
1 tsp olive oil
12 cinnamon sticks
1 Bibb Lettuce to serve
1. Preheat the oven at 375. Prepare the pan sheet with tin foil and very little olive oil. (Lamb is quite rich already).Chop the shallot, mince the garlic, and mince almost all the fresh herbs. I always reserve a few sprigs for decoration.
2. In a large bowl: Ground lamb, all the spices ( cardamom, cumin, nutmeg, coriander, cinnamon), the egg, chopped shallot, minced garlic, salt & pepper and mix well with your hands.
3. Make a long meatball and place on the cinnamon stick. It will seem a little frail but everything will stick together once you cook it. (The size is basically 2 meatballs stucked together). Place them on the pan sheet.
4. Cook at 375 for 15 min maximum. Lamb should be served Rose.
5. Serve on a bed of Bibb Lettuce with a nice side of honey mustard! (I sometimes mix some of the fresh herbs with the honey mustard, it’s easy and the flavors mixes beautifully!)